Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Gold's Gym Marketing Stategy

I felt compelled to share a letter that I received in response to downloading a free one week guest pass at Gold's Gym. On Tuesday March 1, 2005 I started researching fitness centers in the Washington, DC area and following is the actual response from a Fitness Consultant at the Van Ness Gold's Gym.

Hey Future Member,

My name is Dalontee, and I have been assigned as your Gold's Gym Rep. As your main source of contact feel free to ask me any question or comments. I am always available to show your around and or set you for trainning. I here for you and I plan to make you visit and workout the best.


Dalontee Edgerton, Fitness Consultant
Gold's Gym Vanness

I am certainaly inclined to ask him a comment while he shows me I'm around only if he makes me visit and workout best, just like he promised.

I count 6 total errors in a 1 paragraph letter containing 3 sentences. Is this the future of marketing? I can assure you that no matter how beneficial the facility might be to my health, I will never set foot in there. I might, however, see Dalontee on the street somewhere, attempting to get to work by wondering around looking for Vanness (it's actually Van Ness).

I encourage you all to stop by and ask for Dalontee, and please, give him a copy of The Little Brown Handbook when you see him. He needs all the help he can get.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an example of some racist cunt who has too much time on his hands. Be man enough to come to Van Ness and sit down and speak to me one on one. my email is dchristopher@gmail.com you should at least email me. I would enjoy speaking to you face to face after all this time; maybe we can find common ground!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home